Monday, February 18, 2013

Healthy Heavenly Fruit Dip


I've really been trying to be good lately (about eating that is :), but snacks have always been my down fall.  In the past I could make it through the morning without any really problems, but once the afternoon rolls around I start to snack and before I realize it I have eaten my way through nearly everything in my pantry and end up disgusted and still not satisfied.  So I've been trying to find healthy snacks that are satisfying and don't feel like I'm depriving myself.  I recently tried out a yogurt fruit dip I found online and after a few tweaks I think I've come up with what I think is the perfect mix of healthy and deliciously satisfying, plus it takes two seconds to mix up!!!


Healthy Fruit Dip Recipe

1 - 17.6 ounces container of Fage Greek Yogurt
3 - tablespoons (or big squeezes) honey 
3 - tablespoons (or spoonfuls, obviously I hate to measure!) peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon (or more if you like)


To make, mix all ingredients together, taste, add extra peanut butter or honey to suit your liking and enjoy.  My favorite is to dip tart green apples in this delicious creamy concoction, but anything would be great.  Even by itself it's delicious. I dare you, try NOT to lick the spoon!  I think that may just be an impossible task, especially once you've tasted it!


The kids love it, I love it and we can't stop eating it!!!  Make a bunch, you won't be sorry!


With crisp apples this healthy snack alternative satisfies the sweet, tart and crunch that is usually missing when you are trying to eat healthy.  Not to mention the protein packed yogurt and cinnamon are great for you!!!


Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment