Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Simple S'mores Bars

We recently had a party at our house for my husband's work, of course I handled the announcement from my husband that we were hosting a party TOMORROW with calm, cool class!!!  Yeah, right!  I had a moment or two of sheer panic and thought seriously about causing my husband bodily harm, but we ended up having a really fun night with some great friends and I'm so glad we had the party.  That being said I was racing around trying to think of some last minute things to make and I remembered seeing some s'mores bars on pinterest, but sadly when I went to the pin that post was gone... don't you hate that when that happens??? 

So like most women, I totally winged this in five minutes and it was a huge hit!!!  Instead of standing around our fire pit with sticky fingers and kids covered in marshmallows we got to have the S'mores experience without the mess and it could not have been easier!
First, I sprayed a sheet pan with cooking spray to make life a little easier in the end, then spread out 12 graham crackers, side by side, six on each side and covered them with a bag of mini marshmallows.  Don't worry about being perfect, just throw them on.
Next, melt chocolate almond bark, candy melt or good old chocolate chips (whatever you have on hand) in the microwave with a few spoons of coconut oil to help loosen it up a bit and make pouring a little easier.  I used one whole block of bark, melting half at a time in the microwave at 30 second intervals with a scoop or two of the oil.  You could also use shortening or vegetable oil, but I love the flavor that coconut oil adds.  Once the chocolate is melted slowly pour it over the top of the marshmallows, again don't worry about being perfect just pour it on and use a spoon to spread it out if you need.  You just want all the marshmallows covered in chocolate, because that is the "glue" that holds everything together.
Now just let it cool, or if you are super impatient like me put the entire pan in the freeze to help speed things along.  Then cut them in whatever size pieces you like and enjoy!
       They turned out so cute and o one knew they took all of 5 minutes to make.  We will definitely be making them again very soon!
So if you have last minute guests, snack duties or just need a chocolate fix... don't strangle your husband, just take a deep breath grab these few ingredients and in no time you will be in a chocolate induced happy place that no bad mood can penetrate! 

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment