Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Red Velvet Whoopie Pie

What's better than Red Velvet Cake???  In my book not a whole lot :) But I recently tried my hand at Whoopie Pies and they are pretty darn great.  They satisfy that chocolate craving in a handheld package! 
This is no groundbreaking recipe, I know people have been making these for a long time but the concept was new to me and I'm totally hooked hopefully you will be too :)
The recipe could not be easier just dump a Red Velvet Cake mix into a bowl and add 3 eggs, 1/2 a cup of oil, 1/2 cup water and mix well.
Then using a cookie scoop drop these delicious crimson mounds onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Don't they look great already?  But wait there's more :)
Take two cooled cakes and sandwich them together with frosting!  You can use your favorite icing recipe, I was lazy and just grabbed the cream cheese icing tub I had in the pantry :)
Yummy right?  These DISAPPEARED at my house in what seemed like minutes.  So easy and perfect to take to a BBQ or picnic.  I love the idea of cake minus the plate and utensils, oh and my husband says since they are smaller than a monster piece of cake you can totally have two or three :)  

Plus, if you are not a big Red Velvet fan (I think you must not be well if that is the case :) this would still work great with any cake mix you have... oh the endless possibilities :)

Happy 4th of July!  Be safe and enjoy the holiday, it's a favorite around our house :)

Enjoy, Lindsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment