Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Honey Butter & Cornbread Gift Idea

Being the "carb addict" that I am.. when I saw a recipe on pinterest recently for Cinnnamon Honey Butter I couldn't help myself.. I made a double batch and put it on nearly everything in sight!  Thank goodness I made it before heading out of town and took it with me as gifts.. otherwise I may have eaten it all!  What am I talking about may?  HA.. I WOULD have eaten it all! And I'm not the only fan, it was such a hit my step sister asked me to make some for her and her husband to give as gifts to their clients. 
Then we decided it needed something to go with it, so I came up with the idea to add cornbread mix, cute labels and ribbon.  70 packages later, everything is sticky and my pants no longer fit from all the quality control :) , but I think they turned out cute and thought I would share in case you are looking for a good gift idea.
For the Cinnamon Honey Butter I doubled the recipe I found online and trust me it will not go to waste :)  This is what I did.
Cinnamon Honey Butter:
4 sticks room temperature butter
2 cups honey
2 cups powdered sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon (or one tablespoon plus one teaspoon)
*** mix all ingedients until combined.
This whipped deliciousness is what you end up with.  This recipe should fill 5 1/2 pint jars. YUMMMM!
For the Cornbread Mix:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups cornmeal
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons baking powder
3/4  teaspoon salt
This makes about 4 cups total.  1 1/2 cups makes one batch or about 6 muffins.  I wanted the bags really full so I doubled that and used 3 cups of the mix per bag so each person would be able to make one dozen muffins.
Finally I added a label with the directions to add 2 eggs, 2/3 cup milk and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  But if you want to make a small batch for yourself or smaller gifts, just use the 1.5 cups of mix and change the directions to one egg and 1/3 cup milk. 
I found these red gift bags at a party supply store and tied 'em all together with a christmas ribbon and a personal message.
These would be a fun hostess gift for a party OR just make the recipes and volunteer to bring bread to your next holiday dinner.  You'll wow everyone with this sweet concoction!

Enjoy, Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment